Friday, February 29, 2008

BEAUTIFUL!! and AWFUL!!


We went to the Pelopennesus a week ago and Epidaurus and Corinth.

We went to soo many castles and the views from the top were more than breath taking. The climb was well worth it. There were mountains upon mountains and then there were snow capped mountains too. Also there were bays. There were gorgeous ocean line. Here is a sunrise view. It was taken from our hotel room. The mountain view was great.

While exploring the castle I found the best spot. I had some God time and it was amazing! Unfortunately I didn't have my camera. The batteries died before the trip. Of course. Of course that would happen to me. So I have been relying on people whose cameras did not fail them.

Now onto the crummy story. Some of us decided to go back packing in the mountains for a few days. Well, I decide to go even though I love to sleep in my own bed at night. So I didn't have a sleeping bag neither did my roommate so we took our blanket from the Artemis and it was terrible! First it was about an hour and a half to find a spot to stay the night. Except it wasn't flat land. it was a huge incline and we couldn't sleep because we would just slide down and it stunk soo bad!! On top of not sleeping there were two dogs who kept harassing Amy and I. This was the icing on the cake. Well we started the fire again since we couldn't sleep and were cold. All night we were up. Taking our turns to keep the fire going. What a terrible idea this was!!! I knew I was walking back to the Artemis Hotel at around ten that night. I only had til sunrise to accomplish my wish. As soon as sunrise came. Amy and I left the other three to finish their 3 night journey. No sir was I going to do that another hour than I had to much less another night. Well that was that and we slept in our bed until 4:30 pm. It was magic. Well, that's all for now.

I hope you are are doing well!!

Whitney

1 comment:

Hank said...

Whitney, it sounds like you are having a great time. I have to admit, I am very jealous you have visited Corinth. Please continue to write so that I can dream of visiting these places one day!

Grace and Peace