Thursday, March 6, 2008

Sex God

Sex God is a book written by Rob Bell, who is a pastor who also does the Nooma videos. He is pretty remarkable when you hear him. This book is talking about how Sex and God go hand in hand. How God created it but you're to use it in the settings he set out for it. The book is talking about people being connected with the world and God. It's a great book. You should read it.

In one section he says that the most comforting words you can hear are "me too". I completely agree with this. I have been home sick for a little while now and just needed a break from these people and this situation. Randomly one night while in Meteora I met two 20 year old guys who were back packing around Greece. They were from Greenville!!!! Thsi was a breath of fresh air for me. All I wanted was someone to talk to. They were from my home. They were in Greece and they spoke my language and I felt so comforted. I knew God had done this for all three of us. I guess where I was going with this is I need to trust God more. I am so glad he comforted me. After that, though, when I got home I had a wonderful package from my Amazing Grandmother with surprises for St. Patrick's Day and Easter. It made me cry. I miss her, a lot. She also gave me a puzzle. I remember when I was little, puzzles were my favorite. Is that why she sent me that, I wonder? Thanks Mom and Dad for my cards!

We just got back from Northern Greece. I saw the monestaries in Meteora. They were built high on rocks. Some the only way up is in a basket up the side of the cliff. How amazing!!!! I went to the monestary the James Bond movie, For Your Eyes Only, was filmed. Yes Sir, I Did!!!!! I also went where the real 300 took place. The battle between the Persians and Spartans. Also where they believe Paul and Silas were imprisoned. That was great. At that sight we met another Bible college group from the UK. (I meet everyone) Thessoloniki was cool too.

"Do not fear, For I am with. I have called you by name. You are mine. For I am the Lord, your God. I am the Holy one of Israel. Your Savior."
"Do not worry about tomorrow, tomorrow will take care of itself."
"Lay your burdens down."
Constantly encourage and uplift others.

You're awesome Hank.

Whit

1 comment:

Hank said...

Whit, it was great talking to you! Please update when you can. I love reading about your adventures and passion for God.