Saturday, May 5, 2007

Paddling

Malo,
The past few days. I went paddling with five other girls around the harbor. It is called an outrigger. It is one you would see on the Discovery Channel...a long canoe with the balencing weight on the left attached to the boat. I can get pictures later but not until my luggage comes in can I put these pictures onto the computer. I didn't do as bad as I thought I would have done. However, my lovew back is killing me right now, but my arms are fine! I have a weird body. Thanks Mom and Dad. It takes a lot to carry these outriggers to even put them on their stand, I guess you could call it that. We had to wait for the other team of paddlers to help up flip it upside down and then to carry it out of the water. It was great. This is also when I met a cute Samoan. The chances of me seeing him again are low.
So, moving on. I also did tahitian dancing. Jaime had a dance class and wanted me to go with her. It is basically a fast hula dance. It works your muscles well. It made me sweat. I am ashamed to say. Last night we played hide-and-go-seek on the golf course behind their house. I am the ultimate hardcore hide-and-go-seek player. Growing up with my brother and his best friends playing this game...we would dress up in all black from head to toe even to the point of turning our shirts inside out, not wearing the reflective shoes, face masks (not me, I could use my hair). I love this game. I get joy out of not being found. Well, I can tell you, I was never it. The only one. Ha ha. It was fun. Of course on the golf course there was only about eight places to hide so we would use them over and over again. Paul kept climbing up the coconut tree. Philip says that's why the tree is stained red. (they call paul the red-headed step child).I will leave some stories for later. Have a great night!

Fa,
Aunt Whitney

No comments: