Monday, May 21, 2007

Sliding Rock and Fagatele Bay

Going to Fagatele Bay you have to hike a few hours and go past Sliding Rock. It is one of the most beautiful places on the island. I almost gave up but I asked God to give me strength and He sure did. It took many hours and some much needed water but we made it to the bay. To get to the bay you have to climb down a ladder because there is about a 15 feet drop to the beach. A tiny waterfall runs into the water so when you are done you can wash all of the sticky saltwater off. I tried to get a tan to beat Brian Sanchez, but I'm not sure how much it worked. At least I'm darker than most of the Palagi's on the island. But that comes from the tanning bed where I used to work and going to the lake right before I left for here. So I sort of cheated there. Anywho, I was with a group of people I met here on the island. One named Leti works at the school Jaime works at. She is in great shape and didn't stop once going to the bay. Lucky. Give it time. I'll be able to do that as well. I got back late for Sunday night house church, but I made it. I think it was a great day altogether.

Right now I am substituting and am almost drained. I did have a huge cup of coffee though, so I'll make it through. Next is recess. Nice....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.